POP UP OUTDOOR 3ON3 EVENTS, HOW IT WORKS:
- Register by noon Monday of the week of the session.
- We will evaluate the weather for that weekend and email everyone by 2pm if the event is a go.
- Pay the registration fee by midnight Monday once you've received notice the event is a GO!
- Schedules will be posted by midnight Tuesday.
- No risk registration since no money is paid until you know you can play.
- Pick and choose the weekends that work for your team.
- Pick different team mates for different weekend based on their availabilty.
GAME SCHEDULES AND RESULTS:
- You could play Thursday/Saturday; Friday/Saturday; or just Saturday. (rank preference within registration)
- Thursday games will be 4:00pm to Dark.
- Friday games will be 4:00pm to Dark . (April 2 and May 28 9am to Dark)
- Saturday games will be 8:00am to Dark.
- Session 1 March 18-20
- Session 2 March 25-27
- Session 3 April 1-3 (all day Friday and Saturday)
- Session 4 April 8-10
- Session 5 April 15-17
- Session 6 April 29, 30 and May 1
- Session 7 May 6-8
- Session 8 May 13-15
- Session 9 May 20-22
- Session 10 May 27-29 (all day Friday and Saturday)
- All games will be played at The Outdoor Courts at Carmody Park in Lakewood, Colorado.
- 2200 South Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO 80227.
DIVISIONS OF PLAY:
- Boys, Grades 3 through 12.
- Girls, Grades 3 through 12.
- GRADE ELIGIBILITY: you play in your Springl 2021 grade.
- Game format = 3 or 4 pool-play games with the 4th game the final / playoff game.
- Each team will play 2 pool-play games on their first game-day, and then another 2 games on their second game-day, Please note: your Team's 4th game may be in pool-play or may be a playoff game, depending on the number of teams in your division. On some occasions, you may play all 4 games on Saturday.
- $175 per team.
- 4 game guarantee.
- All entries MUST BE RECEIVED by noon Monday prior to the session you want to play in.
- Once the session is a GO, money must be paid by midnight Monday or your team will be dropped
COVID-19 & SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES:
(will be updated as needed due to state health regulations, changes, etc.)
- Masks: Face covering masks are required when feasible (coaches, scorekeepers, and spectators).
- Hand Sanitizer: Every player is required to have their own hand sanitizer and will be required to sanitize their hands every time they come off the court.
- Disinfecting Wipes: Every coach or team manager is required to have disinfecting wipes to sanitize the ball before and after each game and during timeouts.
- Scores: Every coach or team manager is required to bring their own scoresheet and pen/pencil to each game; and scoresheets are to be taken with you after each game to avoid unnecessary touching; scores are entered online by the winning team.
- Spectators & Parents: ONLY ONE spectator per player is allowed at this time. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Water & Snacks: do not share water or snacks, everyone should provide their own water. There is no water provided at the venue.
- Ball: Each team should be prepared with a game ball and a ball for warmups.
- Scoreboards: will be sanitized by event staff after each game.
- Hand-shakes & celebrations: players and coaches should refrain from hand-shakes, high-fives, fist bumps, elbow bumps, chest bumps, group celebrations and hugs, etc.
RULES OF THE GAME:
PAPERWORK NEEDED: SCORESHEETS, ROSTERS & COVID WAIVERS:
Each team will need to complete the pool play event roster and collect a waiver for each player. The roster and waiver MUST be turned in prior to your first game. The waiver contains contact information for one parent per player in case we need to reach out to parents to notify about anything related to COVID-19.
Each team should be prepared with both a dark and a light jersey.
Each player should be prepared to show Proof of Grade upon request of event staff.
BAD WEATHER PLAN AND POLICY:
Operation 3on3 has a no-bad-weather policy
If bad weather does blow in without our permission during the event, we will make on-site decisions and updates will be found on the home page of the JPS website, these decisions may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Lightning: if lightning is reported to strike within 5-10 miles of the event location, there will likely be a 30-minute delay announced and implemented; check the home page of the website for updates: www.justplaysportscolorado.com
- Heavy Rain: light rain will likely NOT delay games, but heavy rain may delay games; check the home page of the website for updates: www.justplaysportscolorado.com
- Wet Playing Surface: player safety comes first. If staff detemine that player safety is at risk, games may be delayed to let the playing surface dry; check the home page of the website for updates: www.justplaysportscolorado.com
- Other Unforeseen Circumstances: check the home page of the website for updates: www.justplaysportscolorado.com
- JPS Staff may determine to shorten game times to catch up the games on each court so that we can end play before dark; check the home page of the website for updates: www.justplaysportscolorado.com
EVENT DIRECTOR / CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS:
Email, text, or call Jacquie Pearson: email@example.com; (303) 880-1415